Friday 7 May 2010

Friday Fun Day

My daughter has Friday fun days at her school. As near as I can tell they're just the same as regular Fridays but with toast. Apparently toast is very special when the teacher makes it. She also has a Wacky Wednesday, which is the same as a regular Wednesday except for the odd socks. I'm thinking of instigating Mummy Went Mad and Quit Monday, but instead decided to do something for Friday Fun Day. More realistic I think.

I just found that voting in the Cover Cafe's annual best cover competition is now open. I just had a blast and wasted some time over there voting and checking out last year's winners. It's interesting to see what it is about covers that make people want to buy the book... or not. Check out the worst cover category. Here's one of last year's finalists, Damned Delicious and Dangerous, otherwise entitled "Is that lightning in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" 



I feel sorry for some authors, I really do. All the hard work on the book and someone makes your cover look like... that.

Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment