Yes I have made a few goals for 2012, but as is my want when a new year starts I prefer to look back on the one just finished to review what I achieved in the preceeding 12 months.
1. First and most gratifying for me, I contracted another book. Yay! After struggling with the intricate web of storyline that is Erica’s Choice for the better part of 2011, in November I finally received word that Samhain wanted to buy the book. After the contract drought I’ve had, this one is particularly sweet. The fact that I ventured into completely new territory with the book (mmf territory) and somehow made a success of it is also something that gives me immense satisfaction.
2. I’ve made another partial submission which I can’t talk about yet as I’m not sure of its fate. But it’s a submission, with a synopsis and everything. Very professional of me! I may even have TWO books coming out next year, fingers crossed. For me that’s pro-freakin-lific.
3. In April I attended my first ever Romantic Times Convention, which also meant my first ever trip to the USA. I participated in my first ever book signing, met scores of fascinating people and had such a good time I’ve decided to go again in 2012. Yes, I’m doing it again this coming April. Why? Because life is short. And because Lexxie Couper talked me into it.
4. In August I ran a workshop for the Clayton’s Conference. Writing Hot Scenes seemed to go really well and despite my nerves I think I held it together. It was exciting to discover that over the years I had gathered more knowledge about writing love scenes than I ever would have thought possible. It was even more thrilling to realise that I could deliver a course that enabled others to benefit from that knowledge. Go me!
5. I’ve continued with my work on the Market Watch column for RWA’s Hearts Talk, and I’m proud to be able to contribute to the organisation which has brought me together with so many like-minded australian authors. I do so enjoy seeing my little byline in the newsletter each month :).
So those are my most significant writing related achievements. Not too bad as far as I’m concerned. Bring on 2012, I'm ready.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown