Saturday 10 May 2008

Happy Mothers' Day

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL

How cool are these flowers? Assuming they've been digitally created but would love to get a bunch.
And from the 'too funny not to share' basket
I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.

'Why?' my daughter asked.
'Because it's been on the ground and you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs' I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, 'Mummy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart.' I was thinking quickly. 'All mums know this stuff. It's on the Mummy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mummy.'

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. 'OH... I get it!' she beamed, 'So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy.'
Hope all you mothers out there have a great day.
Sami

5 comments:

  1. LOL
    That about sums up the daddy's role, eh Sami?
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sami, I think that's absolutely gorgeous. Chuckled out loud when I read it.

    Off now with my daughter to see my own Mum. I'm very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Jess and Denise. Hope you had a great day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sami... great one - the gems that come from the mouths of four year olds!!!

    LOVE the flowers!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love an intelligent woman. I see your parenting skills are of a high standard.

    ReplyDelete