What does one have to do with the other? Absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that I have a list of funny additions to Murphy's list of laws that I thought I'd share with you and I'm having one. Not a law, a baby.
After I dropped the news on Rachel's blog word seems to be getting around. So to comfirm, yes I am pregnant. I'm due in late July and apparently, according to the doctor, bub is quite small. When she said this, I glanced down at my stomach in consternation and asked her if she was serious. Oh yeah, the baby's small, but I'm not. That means at least half of what's going on around my midriff has more to do with ice-cream than pregnancy. I've developed a magnum a day ice-cream habit that I know is going to be a joy to kick when the time comes. Do you think Jillian or Bob would take pity on me and give me a spot in the white house next year? Perhaps if I keep eating ice-cream, I might end up being big enough to be a loser. Time will tell.
I'm going away to visit family this weekend but thought I would post these hilarious suggestions to Murphys' list of laws. They gave me a laugh anyway, so thanks to Mum and Dad for sending them.
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
3. He who laughs last .... thinks slowest.
4. A day without sunshine is like ... well .... night.
5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
6. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
7. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
8. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
9. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.
10. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
11. The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
12. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
13. Flashlight: a case for holding dead batteries.
14. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in the dark.
15. When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of twelve people, who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.