So in the spirit of giving myself permission to achieve small goals and hope they eventually pool together and make larger ones, I've decided to list my five biggest writing achievements of the week. Gosh, hope I can think of five WRITING achievements. Getting dressed in the morning and brushing my hair doesn't count (even though I probably should get credit for that):
- Wrote a query letter to M&B London, enquiring after status of my ms, which has now been holidaying at their lovely offices for going on 15 months. Must have seen the sights of London by now. Actually also SENT the letter. Have been known to avoid post office like proverbial plague, so this is a big deal.
- Wrote a synopsis for follow up ms which they will surely ask for the second my initial ms is accepted :).
- Edited first three chapters of Sabrina's Secret.
- Read through The Honeymoon Effect, admiring handywork, adding occasional comma and experiencing surprisingly few 'what was I thinking?' moments. Perhaps if I read it on more sleep I'll be more suitably horrified. Time will tell.
- Hmm..... If only the category was called top fours. Okay, I read two whole romance novels. Short categories, but still, two whole books. Come on, it's research (at least that's what I tell the tax man). It was either that or point five was going to have to be 'wrote this blog'. Not sure which one of those is a bigger cheat.
There you have it, evidence of actual writing work done.
Now, writing this blog has completely sapped me of already scarce supply of energy. Time to put back the recliner for Nanna Nap before littlest cherub starts complaining (Princess rarely stops).