I’m participating in Samahin’s e book appreciation week and will be taking control of the Samhain Café chat on March 11 from 5-6pm US time (7-8am March 12 Oz time). I’m also blogging at TRS Blue on March 12 US time, so it’s a mini media blitz. I didn’t plan it this way, so imagine my surprise when the reminders popped up in my outlook!
I’m be running a competition over the next few days. Anyone who comments on this post will be in the running to win a free e-book, your choice of any of my titles. I’ll announce the winner here and in the Samhain Café on the weekend.
I’m triangulating on this topic of favorite movie sex scenes. Or love scenes, if you prefer to call them that :). Here’s my top five list – what do you think I’ve missed?
1. An Officer and a Gentleman – If you’ve read this blog before you already know I have a Richard Gere thing. It’s not a stalker thing, honestly. I just think he’s sooooo cute and sexy and I could eat him with a big ol’ spoon. And this is probably my favourite of all his movies. The scenes between him and Debra Winger were so steamy it proves the only thing better than a man in uniform is a man out of one.
2. The Big Easy – I love the mood of this movie. The sultry atmosphere, the southern accents… and Denis Quaid’s abs aren’t bad either. There’s a scene when he’s seducing Ellen Barkin and he tells her that things are done nice and slow in the big easy that makes me want to hope a plane and go there. And not just for the Gumbo.
3. Bull Durham – Kevin Costner and Susan Sarandon put some interesting visuals to the musical lyrics ‘Sixty Minute Man’. There’s actually no nudity, only very strong suggestion of what’s going on. Is there such a thing as explicit suggestiveness? Who can forget the bath water sloshing over the side of the tub, or Kevin tying Susan up to… paint her toenails. Now that’s a pedicure.
4. Unfaithful – When I first heard about this movie I didn’t get it. The character played by Diane Lane is married to a character played by Richard Gere. My Richard Gere thing raises it’s head again. How could anyone cheat on him? Then I saw the movie and I got it. The picture pretty much says it all.
5. Titanic -- whatever you or I might say about the movie, i.e. that it’s a tad long and a manipulative tear jerker, that scene in the car is damn memorable. Kate Winslet’s hand sliding down the window, all that panting. It’s pretty sexy and made the three hours I spent at the
cinema worthwhile—if not the experience of that song. My poor, poor ears.