Sunday 5 July 2009

Yikes, has it been a year?

Abraham Lincoln: My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it.

D-Day has almost arrived--tomorrow is my first day back at work after maternity leave. A whole year has passed in the blink of an eye. Holy crap, the cherub will be 1 in a couple of weeks, I'll be 38 on wednesday (holy double crap batman!), and the kids have chosen the absolute worst time to get sick. Coughs and runny noses all round (hubby too). I had really hoped to avoid taking a sick day on my first week back at the day job, but I guess that depends on hubby's ability to take some time off or a miracle cure. Fingers crossed for either, both, or my boss being in a really great mood tomorrow.

On the writing front I achieved my modest goals this week. I completed my first round of edits for Sunset Knight and sent them back to my ed, and I wrote 3000 words on the new story I'm working on. Too bad I know with my writer's gut instinct that they're all bound for the scrap heap. Ah well, the cost of doing business I say.
Sami
Trips to the gym this week: a pitiful 1. I'm guessing the scales won't be my friend tomorrow either.

4 comments:

  1. One already? That's astounding!! Good on you for achieving writing goals and good luck going back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!
    I remember waiting to find out if you'd had a boy or girl!!!
    Yay! on the edits. I'm with you on the doing business, I hate to think about the number of words that have gone to the scrap heap. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, time flies doesn't it. Good luck with going back to work. And happy writing.

    ReplyDelete