Thursday 1 October 2009

Pinchin' and Punchin'

Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month. No returns.

Don't you just love that? In kid world 'no returns' means exactly that. There's absolutely nothing you can do to get revenge. Just like if you're pretend cooking, you never burn the toast. I wish kid world lasted a little longer into adult hood. Maybe that's why I like romance so much--it's a world in which everything happens the way you want it to. Yay for romance.

My September writing challenge has been patchy at best, but overall I'm happy with how it went. Okay, so I only wrote a grand total of 9,400 words, not the 20-25000 I was aiming for but at least it's something. Even better, I think this book has finally taken hold of me. There's every chance I won't abandon it to the scrap heap, even though it's not my usual fare. Some paranormal elements, lots of misery and other dark and disturbed stuff. What can I say? I was in the mood for something different. But somewhere in September I had a vision of what the ending could be, so now I have a light to focus on and a direction in which to head. As one whose writing process involves flying blindly into the murky mist of endless possibility, that's half the battle. Here's to winning the war by the end of October (a new, surely too ambitious goal? Time will tell).
Sami

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting some writing done. Yay you!
    Sooo, dark and disturbing? When can I read it? *grin*

    ReplyDelete